This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Doesn't save originals

Feb 21, 2010 at 11:30 PM

For example in this album http://picasaweb.google.com/daniel.nenciu/Vancouver# photos could be downloaded in original size, but this program, unfortunately, cutes them down to 1600 px on biggest side. I hope it could be repaired, because program is very convinien tand nice!

Feb 22, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Thanks for the report. I will look into it asap.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Hi,

I've fixed this (experimentally as I cannot verify it works for all albums) by modifying the download url a bit.

You can access this feature by ctrl-clicking the download button.

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Thank you very much! Gonna test it =)

Feb 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM

It seems that I am downloading older version from the main page. In my case ctrl-clicking doesn't work, photos are loading reduced. Also (orginal -> original) typo listed in changelog still exists (in clear install, with no pattern in PicasaDownloader.ini file).

May be download link is incorrect? I got this link: http://download.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=picasadownloader&DownloadId=108306&FileTime=129116498468070000&Build=16271

Moreover, I noticed that complicated patterns doesn't work. For instance I couldn't save an album to "default download dir"\"author"\"album name"\"original image name". I tried to put as a pattern {Owner}\{Id}\{Orginal Name} In my particular case I got message "Some issue with the file name: c:\d\5098212744272808433 - (Vancouver)\5098212744272808433\5098212744272808433\P8125546.JPG!" Is it possible to save photos in: c:\d\daniel.nenciu\Vancouver\P8125546.JPG etc?

I hope I didn't upset author with new bugs =) Because the program is great!

Feb 27, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Hi,

I'm never upset with bugs as I make-em and always want to fix them. Thanks for finding it a usefull app.

You can tell the version difference by seeing if there is a tooltip on the download button. The translations are also stored on disk and they are reloaded from %appdata%\picasadownloader. As the files (*.resource) are created after installing, uninstall won't remove them.

I'll also look into the pattern stuff and perhaps remove the translation there. I think the problem is that I only create the default download dir and not ones caused by translations or pattern modifications. T'll try you're pattern tomorrow!

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Thanks a lot!

I can see only one tooltip - over the number of albums - with download folder information. And I had a real clear installation today, on my work PC. I never installed Picasa Downloader there before and there wasn't %appdata%\picasadownloader at all =)

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Hi,

I accidently uploaded the old installer (rebuilding the solution did not build the installer as I thought).

I solved some nasty bugs in the translation and the patterns. Your bug was caused by the directory being created before translation.

Now you can use a pattern like '..\{Owner}\{Album}\{Orginal Name}' to prevent the default directory (Id - Album) to show up.

Feb 28, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Hi wvd_vegt,

Thank you very much for your amazing work! =)

Now everything works fine!

Best regards, S.