This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to stop download process?

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Hello everyone!

It is very good program, but I found one bug. When download process is start (Ctrl+download button) I can't stop this process. There is only one variant that I found using the kill application button in task manager.

And the other bug. When I enter something wrong like "SDFSDA" in "setup - naming pattern" option picasadownloader can't create any images. I can see only one temporary file in download folder. I think this is the bug.

Hope that this bugs will be fixed in next version.

Best regards, Ravil.

May 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Hi

My development time is a bit limited but I was planning to rework the whole downloading part to use .NET 4.0 task.

I will also look into the naming pattern problem. Although I think it's simply because you ommitted placeholders, the tool is downloading each image and overwriting the previous one. You should have at least:

{Original Name} or {Number}

in the filename pattern for filenames to become unique. In you case every downloaded image get named SDFSDA.

wvd_vegt

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Hi,

I've rewritten part of the download code and solved the problems around aborting downloads. PicasaDownloaded will finish the image being processed and stop further downloads when eithe rthe stop button pressed or the esc key is detected.

I'll look into the pattern naming problem asap too.

regards
Wim

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Hi

I've fixed the pattern issue to (append the orgiginal filename to the pattern if the placeholder is missing. Not much more then I can do on this issue.

regards
Wim